Shine your Light and Love people

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"


(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration)

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

DIGGING DEEPER

Last year was a rough year. As I am writing that I am thinking of a lot of people who could agree 100%. 2015 was a year where it was required to dig deep. God had told us so at our church. The verse He gave our Pastor was in Ezekiel 3 verse 10 where God says to Ezekiel that he would need to dig deep so God could empower him to go wide. It means to first do business and then see how God uses that in other peoples' lives.

And I had to do some digging. My faith needed an upgrade as I had to go through several trials and I know lots of my friends have been going through their own. James 1 rings in my heart: Brothers and sisters consider it all joy as you go through trials, for the testing of your faith brings perseverance, but let perseverance have its perfect time so your character will grow.

There was a lot of digging and I guess there will always be digging. All I can say is that it is so rewarding coming out on the other side...having gone THROUGH it.
Thank you Jesus,
help us with Your grace

Hello 2016

No comments: