Shine your Light and Love people

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"


(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration)

Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Lesson of my life

I want to share what God imprinted on my heart when I was in Germany for 5 months.
It is about giving something away...more precisely giving yourself away. As I went through those 5 weeks, I asked the Lord how can be of the most blessing to my parents, how I can show them my love. I knew that that time was so special and it has been years ago when Jesus first taught me how wonderful it is to give of your time.
This time He went more into detail:
Yes, it is one of the most precious gifts to give someone your time but Jesus told me more.

How do we love our loved ones: family, friends the best?

Let's find out what that person loves and when that person is at her or his best. I am talking about the hour of the day or of the evening or night. When is their "sweet spot"? When is the time they are most productive and most happy? When is the time they are alert, awake and can easily receive?
Once you know, then spend THAT time with them.
They will be more than blessed and actually you will be blessed, too.

My dad is a night owl. When I was at home I spent some late nights (really late..or should I say early) hours with him. That is when we had our best chats.

Try it out
with your spouse, your kids, your parents, your friends


and give yourself
because giving is so much more awesome than receiving!!

No comments: