Shine your Light and Love people

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"


(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration)

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

My guitar and I


I love my guitar. I got it in 2013. That was also the year that God told me to learn how to play the guitar. That came out of nowhere really. I was a bit concerned because I did not know how to read music notes and I felt this was too hard a task. But then a friend approached me saying she felt she was supposed to give me her guitar for a while. Now that got my attention. A few weeks later I started to go to a music school and got discouraged at the same time. I was a real beginner not knowing anything.
I obeyed the Lord's lead but did not see any progress. I then asked if they could use only worship music to teach me with since I only wanted to worship God with it and not play some weird stuff.
I got so discouraged I stopped going to music school but by then I had bought myself my own guitar- a Tanglewood. It stayed in the cover for a while and yet God seemed to tug at my heart.
I would tell HIM: But I don't know anything. God encouraged me to meet with the worship team and practice with them...not becoming a part of them but letting them encourage me. I would sit in and work on my rhythm or work on the two chords that I knew I to play. God started to wet my appetite and motivate me more and more. Months later, I was able to play a few songs in G and I was so so excited.
Last year God challenged me to lead in my life group 3 times playing 3 or 4 songs for worship. That was a huge step. I love it now and play as much as I can. I can do lots of songs in G and my next challenge is songs in A.

No comments: